Pirton Local History Group was formed in 1984 specifically to research and record
the history of Pirton in Hertfordshire.
This site may be of interest to family historians, genealogists and local historians.
The working group has been transcribing documents and saving them in electronic
format for several years and for the last two years developing an on-line relational
Online material now includes:
searchable relational database
including records from the following sources:
- parish registers 1558-1914
- census 1841-1911
- militia lists 1758-1789
- wills and inventories 1595-1853
- trade directories 1832-1937
- monumental inscriptions at St Mary’s
- methodist baptisms 1839-1853 & 1907-1925
of scenes around the village.
of the village from the nineteenth to the twenty
- titles published by the group.
on aspects of the village history from the sixteenth century to the nineteenth century.
Aerial photograph of Pirton taken in 1964