This site may be of interest to family historians, genealogists and local historians.
The working group has been transcribing documents and saving them in electronic format for several years and for the last two years developing an on-line relational database.
Online material now includes:
- The searchable relational database including records from the following sources:
- parish registers 1558-1914
- census 1841-1911
- militia lists 1758-1789
- wills and inventories 1595-1853
- trade directories 1832-1937
- monumental inscriptions at St Mary’s Churchyard 1645-1990
- methodist baptisms 1839-1853 & 1907-1925
- Historic Photos of scenes around the village.
- Interactive Map of the village.
- Maps of the village from the nineteenth to the twenty first century.
- Publications - titles published by the group.
- Research essays on aspects of the village history from the sixteenth century to the nineteenth century.
- Our Historypin page.