House Photographs - 6 Great Green

1910  John Trussell with his daughters Ethel and Nellie outside the first Post Office at 6 Great Green. John began his working life as a letter carrier, taking letters to and from Hitchin on his red bicycle. As with all the post offices in Pirton, it had a dual role as post office and general store. In 1920 the Post Office moved to Cromwell Terrace.

 

Share this page: