House Photographs - The Royal Oak

Stephen “Stibby” Day (R) outside the Royal Oak, which was the left hand cottage in this row of three. Stibby took over as licensee from Jane Lake in 1899 and ran the pub until it closed in 1914. His main trade was as the village wheelwright and undertaker. After his death his son Cecil ran a taxi business from here.

Share this page: